- 1. Great entrepreneurs screening
- 2. Very close Support on investees
- 3. Business Plan Developement
- 4. Liquidity Materialization
- Pier 18 is an independent investment firm focused on growth tech investments in the United States.
- Compelling market opportunity: Virtual Reality has generated US$ 5.1 Billion in Sales in 2016, with an installed base of 38.9 million consumers, further cementing itself as a key technology in the video game industry. There is also huge potential in other segments, as Artificial Intelligence and Biotech.
- Team with superior investment performance in the Venture Capital and growth tech space; over 5 sizeable exits in recent years.
- Proven investment strategy and track record for the region.
• Founder of ZAZ, one of the 1st portal and web access provider in Brazil, that went for IPO in 1999 and was accquired by Telefonica in 2000, being currently branded as Terra.
• Founder of Fulano/F.Biz, the largest independent digital agency in Brazil when it was accquired by WPP in 2011.
• Founder of Blue Interactive, a cable TV and broadband services provider that was sold to NET in 2016.
• Board Member at Pier 18.
• Founding Partner of Volt Partners.
• Investment Commitee Member at FIP Warehouse.
• Partner at Lanx Capital, manager of the DLJ-SAP PE fund, in a JV with Credit Suisse.
• Partner, Member of the Board and Executive committee at GP Investments, raising U$ 5+Bn since 1993.
• MBA from University of Chicago - Booth School of Business.
• Warehouse Investimentos - CEO.
• 2+ Capital - Principal.
• Pampa Capital - Principal
• McKinsey & Company-Associate
• EAESP-FGV - Business Administration
• Kellog School of Management - MBA
• Founder of 3 startups with one successful exit.
• Investment Banking and Strategic Planning background at Deutsche Bank e Itaú Unibanco.
• Coding Experience: Javascipt, HTML and CSS
• Green Belt Certification from Lean Six Sigma.
• Bachelor of Business Administration from Insper and Graduate Degree in Banking from Fundação Getúlio Vargas.
1st Wave (1990-1999)
> Creation of Internet Based Basic Services
Internet Services Providers
ZAZ was sold to Telefonica and became Terra with a USD 1 Billion IPO afterwards.
2nd Wave (2000-2010)
> Value Added Services
Digital Ad Agencies
Acquired by WPP.
3rd Wave (2010-2015)
> Infrastructure and Professional Investment
Pier 18 (2015 ...)
> Unique timing investing in key market trends
Macro thesis on markets going through exponencial growth
Virtual reality usage will be dominant as computer power increases rapidly with computing cost decreasing exponentially.
iFood is the 1st successful VC exit of decade in Brazil.
Other Adjacent markets that will follow the same path:
• Cloud Computing and Network
• Self Learning Software
> Investment Committee
1/ Quarterly meetings to approve new investments and follow on rounds.
2/ Supervision on all investees and fund activities.
3/ Main LP may have a seat on the investment committee and an Investee.
4/ All main decisions of the investment committee require unanimous approval.
(at least quarterly)
A brief overview of the
Venture Capital portfolio
that composes Volt Partners
Magnopus Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality plataforms and proprietary content
IFood Online delivery marketplace
Gestum B2B human capital services provider
Escolher seguro Online insurance broker
Byogy Biojetfuel production technology
Terracycle Post consumer products collection and recycling
- Total liquidity
- Round Series Funding
- Partial liquidity
Instruction CVM 558
- Formulário de Referência (Portuguese Only)
- Código de Ética (Portuguese Only)
- Manual de Controles Internos (Portuguese Only)
- Política de Gestão de Risco (Portuguese Only)
- Política de Investimento Pessoal (Portuguese Only)
- Política de Rateio e Divisão de Ordens (Portuguese Only)
- Disclaimer (Portuguese Only)